Serves: Four (4) Persons
- Chicken / Mutton: 500 gm (boneless & chopped as per requirement)
♦ For Marinating
- Garlic: 4 to 5 cloves (very fine chopped)
- Cloves / Lavang powder: ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper / Kali Mirch powder: ½ teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder: ½ teaspoon
- Green Cardamom powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin / Zeera powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Chilli powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Arabic spice masala: 2 to 3 teaspoon
- Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
- White Vinegar: 2 tablespoon
- Olive Oil: 2 tablespoon
♦ For Garnishing
- Red Onion: 1 no’s large (Julienne cut)
- Coriander / Parsley leaf: 1/3 cup (fine chopped)
- Tomato: 2 no’s (cut in cubes)
- Lettuce: Optional
- Salt: as per taste or Sumac (a middle east salt red in colour)
♦ Sauce for serving
- Mayo garlic spread mixed with Tahini (sesame seed paste)
- Mix entire marinate except olive oil together. Add salt as per taste
- Pour entire marinate over chicken/mutton and mix well. Refrigerate it for 1 to 2 hours or overnight and bring it to room temperature before cooking
- Now pour olive oil in a pan and cook the chicken/mutton on medium flame. Do not overcook. It should not be dry it should be soft and juicy.
- While the chicken is being cooked prepare the garnish
- Prepare onion mix with coriander, tomato, salt or sumac and a drizzle of lemon juice
- Once the Shawarma is ready, sprinkle garnish over it
Serve with Khaboos, Lebanese Bread or Paratha. You can make a roll also (for roll spread the sauce on the bread and then place the shawarma mix and roll it.
Serves: Two (2) Persons
- Minced meat: 300 gm
- Eggs: 1 no (beaten and mixed with minced meat)
- Red onion: 1 large
- Tomato: 3 no’s (fine chopped)
- Garlic: 6 cloves ( 4 will be used while blending and 2 will be finely chopped and will be used while preparing tahini sauce)
- Coriander leaves: ½ cup
- All Spices: Arabic Spice or Garam Masala (I used Arabic Spice)
- Black pepper powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Salt: As per taste
- Sesame seed paste (Tahini): 3/4th cup
- Lemon juice: ½ cup
- Water: 3/4 th cup
- Oil: 2 tablespoons
♦ For Vegetarian: You can replace minced meat with grated Water gourd / Lauki / Ghia (to bind them you will require gram flour/besan)
- In a blender place onion, garlic and coriander leaves and pulse grind it. Do not make a fine paste. Simultaneously in a pan pour water and make it lukewarm.
- Take a pan to add minced meat mixed with beaten egg, add all spices, salt as per taste, black pepper and blended paste. Mix well with hand to give it a round shape or kofta shape. For Veg Kofta replace meat with water gourd.
- Take a pan to grease it with oil dip your hand in a lukewarm water without wiping the water from your hand hold the koftas and place them in the pan
- Once the koftas are placed put three to four tablespoons of water and then put chopped tomatoes on top of kofta.
- Here we have an option of Air Fryer or Gas Stove. If you using Air fryer cover the pan with aluminium foil and cook at 150C for 35 minutes or until well cooked as the heat differs from one brand to another brand of air fryer) If using water gourd the time will be reduced to 25 minutes
- If using pan the process of covering remain the same, put the gas on a low medium flame and cook for 40 minutes or until well cooked. For water gourd, it will be for 25 minutes or until well cooked
- While the koftas are being cooked, prepare tahini sauce in a mixer, by mixing water with sesame seed. It will become like a paste.
- Add lemon to the tahini paste, salt as per taste and garlic and again mix it.
- By now the koftas will be ready, shrunk in size, with a lot of water around it released. Reduce the water level by removing it in a bowl.
- Add tahini sauce on the kofta and put it back in the air fryer or gas stove for 10 minutes the temperature remains the same and for gas the flame remains the same.
- Once done i.e. after 10 minutes place the kofta in a serving bowl, sprinkle the water that was kept aside in a bowl.
- Garnish it with coriander leaf if you want you can use pomegranate seeds or olives depends upon you.
Serve it with Chapati, Paratha or Pita Bread
Serves: Two (2) Persons
Chicken: 250 grams preferably breast
- Corn Starch: 1 cup
- Oil: 5 tablespoon
For the Sauce:
- Cornstarch: 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Water: 1/2 cup out of that 3 teaspoons for diluting cornstarch
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Garlic: 2 cloves finely chopped.
- Ginger: 1/2 inch grated
- Brown Sugar: 2/3 cup
- Soya Sauce: 2/3 cup
For the Garnish:
- Sesame Seeds: 1 tablespoon roasted
- Poke chicken pieces with a fork and coat Chicken with 1 cup cornstarch and keep aside and at the same time in a bowl mix 1 ½ teaspoon of cornstarch with 3 teaspoons of room temperature water and remove all lumps.
- Roast sesame seeds and keep aside.
- On medium flame, heat oil in a deep pan, add chopped garlic and sauté it for 1 minute.
- Add brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, spring onion, and water and mix well. Bring it to a boil, reduce flame to low, and mix cornstarch water.
- Let the sauce become little thick
- Simultaneously on other flame take a pan drizzle little oil on medium heat and toss the chicken slowly until they become golden.
- Now pour 3/4th of the thick sauce over the chicken and reserve the balance to be used as gravy for rice.
Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve with rice
Servings: Two (2) Person
- Chicken Shreds boiled: 250 grams (can use minced chicken or mutton but boil it first and keep aside)
- Red Onion: 1 medium sized (finely chopped)
- Garlic Clove: 2 No’s (fine chopped)
- Ginger: ½ inch (fine chopped)
- Tomato: 1 small (diced)
- Broccoli: (optional) Do not add too many vegetables. Avoid as much as you can.
- Red Chilli: ½ teaspoon
- Arabic Spice Powder: 2 to 3 teaspoon (Check below details on how to make Arabic Spice Powder)
- Coriander Leaf: 6 to 7 strand (fine chopped)
- Olive Oil: 2 teaspoon
- Salt: As per taste
- Arabic Pita Bread: 4 no’s (or wheat bread/paratha)
- Butter: To brush the breads (can brush with olive oil)
Arabic Spice Powder: Roast all the ingredients well and dry grind it. Store it in a air tight jar.
- 1tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2tablespoons paprika
- 2tablespoons ground cumin
- 1tablespoon ground coriander seeds
- 1tablespoon ground cloves
- 1teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground cardamom
- In a bowl combine, boiled chicken shreds (or boiled minced chicken or mutton),chopped onion, Arabic spices, chili, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, broccoli and olive oil
- Brush pita bread with butter or oil and fill with the mixture, spreading it out so that the filling is even and top it up with another bread which also well greased with butter or oil
- Before you place on the air fryer, again brush the top and base with butter or oil
- On 190 degree C let it get baked for 15 minutes, flipping it every 5 minutes to be baked evenly. If using a pan on medium heat let it get cooked and gently flip so that the stuffing inside is not displaced.
- Once done cut into 4 quarters and serve
Serve it with mayo garlic dip or tomato sauce.
Easy to prepare
Serves: Two (2) Person
- Chicken Cubes/ Shredded: 200 gm
- Spring Onion/Scallions: 1 sprig (thin slice)
- Ginger: 1 teaspoon (grated)
- Garlic: 3 pods (fine chop)
- Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper: ¼ teaspoon
- Roasted Sesame seeds: 3 pinches for the sprinkle in the end
- Salt: As per taste (if required usually avoid it)
- Fresh Orange Juice: 1 glass (optional)
- Boiled Broccoli: 1/4th cup (optional)
♦ Ingredients for Teriyaki Sauce:
- Soya Sauce: 3 tablespoons
- Brown sugar: 50 gm (can use sugar)
- Yummyciouss Raw Mustard Honey: 4 teaspoons (you can use any other honey)
- Sesame seed oil: 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli flakes: 3 pinches (optional)
♦ Preparation for Teriyaki Sauce:
- Heat pan on low flame, add sesame seed oil and heat for 1 minute, ginger, garlic, chilli flakes, brown sugar let it melt and caramelize.
- Now add soya sauce, honey, and keep stirring it in low flame and check the thickness/ consistency which is to your liking.
- Once done keep it aside
♦ Preparation for Teriyaki Chicken:
- Heat pan on medium flame and add oil and heat it.
- Add chicken cubes/shreds and sauté it till they turn golden in colour.
- Add black pepper, if you want you can add salt while you sauté the chicken
- Once they golden in colour pour orange juice and let the chicken get quoted with orange juice on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- It’s time to add teriyaki sauce. Spread it all over the chicken and the pan. Mix gently for 2 to 3 minutes. Once done switch off the stove. Let the sauce settle
- Now garnish with scallions, broccoli and roasted sesame seeds.
Serve it: With steam rice or noodle. You can have boiled corns, cauliflower and beans as a side dish. For childrens, you can make a teriyaki burger or roll.