Serves: Two (2) Persons
Chicken: 250 grams preferably breast
- Corn Starch: 1 cup
- Oil: 5 tablespoon
For the Sauce:
- Cornstarch: 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Water: 1/2 cup out of that 3 teaspoons for diluting cornstarch
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Garlic: 2 cloves finely chopped.
- Ginger: 1/2 inch grated
- Brown Sugar: 2/3 cup
- Soya Sauce: 2/3 cup
For the Garnish:
- Sesame Seeds: 1 tablespoon roasted
- Poke chicken pieces with a fork and coat Chicken with 1 cup cornstarch and keep aside and at the same time in a bowl mix 1 ½ teaspoon of cornstarch with 3 teaspoons of room temperature water and remove all lumps.
- Roast sesame seeds and keep aside.
- On medium flame, heat oil in a deep pan, add chopped garlic and sauté it for 1 minute.
- Add brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, spring onion, and water and mix well. Bring it to a boil, reduce flame to low, and mix cornstarch water.
- Let the sauce become little thick
- Simultaneously on other flame take a pan drizzle little oil on medium heat and toss the chicken slowly until they become golden.
- Now pour 3/4th of the thick sauce over the chicken and reserve the balance to be used as gravy for rice.
Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve with rice
Easy to prepare
Serves: Two (2) Person
- Chicken Cubes/ Shredded: 200 gm
- Spring Onion/Scallions: 1 sprig (thin slice)
- Ginger: 1 teaspoon (grated)
- Garlic: 3 pods (fine chop)
- Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper: ¼ teaspoon
- Roasted Sesame seeds: 3 pinches for the sprinkle in the end
- Salt: As per taste (if required usually avoid it)
- Fresh Orange Juice: 1 glass (optional)
- Boiled Broccoli: 1/4th cup (optional)
♦ Ingredients for Teriyaki Sauce:
- Soya Sauce: 3 tablespoons
- Brown sugar: 50 gm (can use sugar)
- Yummyciouss Raw Mustard Honey: 4 teaspoons (you can use any other honey)
- Sesame seed oil: 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli flakes: 3 pinches (optional)
♦ Preparation for Teriyaki Sauce:
- Heat pan on low flame, add sesame seed oil and heat for 1 minute, ginger, garlic, chilli flakes, brown sugar let it melt and caramelize.
- Now add soya sauce, honey, and keep stirring it in low flame and check the thickness/ consistency which is to your liking.
- Once done keep it aside
♦ Preparation for Teriyaki Chicken:
- Heat pan on medium flame and add oil and heat it.
- Add chicken cubes/shreds and sauté it till they turn golden in colour.
- Add black pepper, if you want you can add salt while you sauté the chicken
- Once they golden in colour pour orange juice and let the chicken get quoted with orange juice on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- It’s time to add teriyaki sauce. Spread it all over the chicken and the pan. Mix gently for 2 to 3 minutes. Once done switch off the stove. Let the sauce settle
- Now garnish with scallions, broccoli and roasted sesame seeds.
Serve it: With steam rice or noodle. You can have boiled corns, cauliflower and beans as a side dish. For childrens, you can make a teriyaki burger or roll.
Serves: Four (4)
- Soya Chunks: 150 grams (boiled in hot water for 10 minutes, transfer it to cool water and squeeze the water out and keep it aside)
- Garlic: At least 5 to 6 pods crushed well.
- Onion: 3 no’s Julian cut
- Dry Mint: 2 teaspoons (fine cut of fresh mint can be used)
- Olive Oil: 5 to 6 tablespoon (you can substitute with vegetable oil)
- Salt: As per taste
- Water: As per requirement
- Coriander leaves: fine chop for garnishing
♦ Marinating process:
- Ensure the soya chunks are well squeezed and dried, put them in a bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive to the chunks alongwith salt and mix well
- Add dry mint now alongwith crushed garlic cloves
- Mix well and keep it for 30 minutes
♦ Taste enhancer (optional):
- You can add red chilli powder, cumin (jeera) powder, garam masala.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pot on medium to low flame.
- Add the mixture to the pan and stir it well (if you want you can add cumin & chilli powder now)
- Add water to it and cover the pan.
- Let it cook, in between stir as well as check the level of water.
- Once cooked i.e. it can be cut into pieces easily, switch off the gas stove
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and if you want you can add garam masala before serving.
Serve it with khaboos or chapattis or steam rice.