Easy to prepare
Serve: One (1) Person
- Potato : 1 No’s big in size
- Red Onion: 1 no small size (fine chop)
- Spring Onion: 1 sprig (fine chop)
- Spinach: 2 leaves (fine chop)
- Ginger: ½ inch (fine chop)
- Chili Flakes: ½ teaspoon
- Butter: Just a small slice
- Black pepper powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Tomato: ¼ tomato (very fine slice)
- Salt: As per taste
- Oil: For coating the potato from outside
- Olive Oil: 1 ½ teaspoons
♦ Ingredients for Topping:
- Olives: Chopped as per choice
- Cherry Tomato: 4 pieces per tomato and as per choice
- Mustard sauce
- Oregano, Basil, Thyme: A pinch each
♦ Preparation for filing: You can prepare your own filling as per your preference of flavour.
- Heat pan on low flame, add olive oil and heat for 1 minute, add onion, followed by ginger and salt. Sauté for 1 minute
- Add spinach, spring onion, tomato, chilli flakes, black pepper powder and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Once done keep it aside
- Wash potato thoroughly, and wipe it. Poke few deep holes on the potato. You can use a fork to poke holes.
- This process is to take out all the moisture from potatoes while being baked.
- Coat Oil on the outer skin of potato and then rub with salt.
- On 190 degree bake the potato for 40 minutes (Air Fryer)
- Now the outer coating will be crispy and potato will be well cooked from inside.
- Place the baked potato on a chopping board and cut 3/4 th vertically from centre and press it gently at both ends so that it opens from the middle. Keep your face bit away as the hot steam from potato will come up.
- Once it is open from the centre, grease it with butter, and now fill the filling that was prepared. You can add mozzarella cheese if you want if not place the potato with the filling for another 2 minutes. This will help butter & cheese (if used) to melt inside.
- Now time to bring it out and place it on serving plate.
- Before serving, top it up with olives, tomatoes, sprinkle oregano, basil, thyme.
- Time to add mayonnaise and mustard sauce
Serve it hot
Easy to prepare
Serves: Four (4) Persons
- Potatoes: 500 gm ( I have used baby potatoes, you can use as per your availability)
- Red Onion: 1 large size (finely chopped and diced)
- Garlic: 2 whole garlic (chop the top of the garlic)
- Thyme: 2 – 3 sprigs (1 teaspoon of dried thyme)
- Tumeric Powder: ½ teaspoon
- Chilli Flecks: ½ teaspoon
- Coconut Milk: ½ cup
- Salt: As per your taste
- Preheat oven to 190C. (one can use OTG as well as Air fryer ). We can prepare by using a pan, but for that, we require an airtight lid. If the lid has hole use aluminium foil or dough and seal it.
- Slice off the Garlic tops then peel the Potatoes and set them aside.
- Place the potatoes in a deep baking dish (or pan) followed by the whole Garlic, Onion slices, green chillies, Thyme, Turmeric, Chili flecks, Salt and mix the ingredients together.
- Pour in the Olive oil and Coconut milk, mix again.
- Bake at 190c for 45 minutes or until the Potatoes are cooked (same goes for the pan cook in the low medium flame) and the skin turns golden on top. As ovens work differently in various altitude & brands, bake as long as you need to get the Potatoes tender and evenly baked on all sides.
- Taste and make sure there’s enough Salt and serve it while still warm.
- Garnish with chopped olives (optional)
Serve it with rice crackers.
Serves: Two (2)
- Bread (of your choice)/ Paratha (wheat bread): 2 no’s
- Potatoes: 2 no’s boiled (in a pressure cooker with two whistles)
- Chilli Powder: 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper powder: 2 teaspoons (11/2 for potato and ½ teaspoon for preparing spread)
- Ginger: ½ inch cut into small pieces
- Tomato ketchup: 1 tablespoon
- Mayonnaise: 2 tablespoon
- Lettuce leave: 2 no’s chopped (can use coriander leaves also)
- Salt: To taste
- Lay or Pringle: Chips as per your taste
- Oil: 2 tablespoons for frying potatoes
Add On’s: Cheese Slice
- Heat oil in a pan and once the oil is hot simmer the gas and add potatoes, (mash the potatoes slightly)
- Add black pepper, chilli powder, salt and ginger and sauté them gentle. Do not make the paste of boiled potato
- While the potatoes are being prepared, take a bowl add mayonnaise and tomato ketchup and mix it well to make it in a smooth spread, add black pepper powder to it.
- Once the potatoes are done, toast the bread or parathas (wheat bread)
- It’s time to spread the tomato, mayo and black pepper spread on the bread or paratha
- Place lettuce leaves, top it up with potatoes and cheese slice.
- Now it is time to put potato wafers on top and once done make it a roll if using wheat bread. If using multigrain bread place another bread on top of it.
Serve it with juice, coffee or tea.