Serves: Five (5) Servings
- Chickpeas/Kabli Chana: 250 gm (soaked overnight in salt)
- Lemon: 60 ml1 Large or 2 Small
- Tahini: 1/4th cup (Tahini is a paste made from sesame seed)
- Garlic: 3 pods (fine chop or minced)
- Cumin Powder: ½ teaspoon
- Olive Oil: 30 ml for preparing while serving also we usually drizzle olive oil on top
- Salt: As per taste
- Water: 3 tablespoons
- Paprika: A pinch while serving
- Boil Chick Peas in a pan or if using pressure cooker boil them till you get 3 whistles
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tahini and lemon juice and process for 1 minute.
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice until well blended.
- Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute.
- Now add balance half of chickpeas and blend it well add salt as per requirement.
- To get a smooth paste add water and blend for 2 to 3 rounds
- Once done take it out in a bowl
Serving: Sprinkle paprika & drizzle of Olive Oil. It can be stored for 2 to 3 days.
Sweet & Sour Mango Spread or Chutney
Serves: Three (3) Person, be rest assure one person will consume it without sharing.
Easy To Prepare & Enjoy the music while you cook
• Mango: 3 no’s (Raw mango) or 750 grams
• Jaggery (Gud): 1 cups (can be substituted by sugar 1 ½ cup)
• Fenugreek seeds(methi dana): ¾ teaspoon
• Fennel Seed (saunf): 3 teaspoon
• Onion seeds (kalonji): ½ teaspoon
• Coriander (dhania) powder: 1 teaspoon
• Tumeric (haldi) powder: 1 teaspoon
• Kashmiri red chilli powder: 2 teaspoons (this is not spicy, it is just to add colour and flavour)
• Salt: To taste
• Oil: 3 tablespoon
• Water: ½ cup
♦ If you want spicy: You can add red chilli powder or flakes.
♦ If you want mughlai flavour: You can add garam masala ½ teaspoon.
• Raw Mango: Wash, clean and peel the skin of the mangoes
• Cut the mango lengthwise into quarters, you can keep the kernel or can remove it
• Add oil to the pan and keep the flame on medium and do not let the oil to boil
• Add fenugreek seed and sauté till it changes colour, do not sauté more else it will give a bitter taste
• Once fenugreek seeds change colour, add fennel seed and sauté it for a few seconds now add onion seeds and sauté for few seconds. You will get a very soothing aroma
• It time to add Kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Stir it for less than a minute
• Add raw mangoes and mix it well so that the entire mangoes are quoted with the mixture. You can mix for a minute or two to get a proper coating.
• Now add water, increase the flame of the gas stove to high and bring the water to boil, once the water boils reduce the flame to medium. Give a gentle stir to the mixture.
• Time to add jaggery (or) sugar and let it melt in the pan
• Keep stirring it occasionally.
• You will observe the gravy gradually thickens, bring it to the constancy you prefer. ( I generally keep it on a medium flame for 6 minutes)
• Switch off the gas stove. Let it cool. You can add garam masala now if you want too.
Serve it as a condiment, spread on bread, or parathas. You can preserve it for 2 to 3 days.