Serving: Four (4) persons
- Red Lentils / Lal Masoor Daal: 2 cup (well cleaned and soaked for 20 minutes)
- Broken Rice: ¼ cup (can use Egyptian Rice)
- Red onion: 1 no (finely chopped in cubes)
- Garlic Cloves / Lahsan: 3 no’s (julianne cut)
- Black pepper / Kali Mirch powder: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin / Zeera: 2 ½ teaspoons (powder)
- Turmeric / Haldi: ½ teaspoon
- Oil: 3 tablespoons
- Salt: As per taste
- Water: 5 to 6 cups
- Coriander leaf / Dhania patta: ¼ cup (fine chopped for garnishing)
- Food Cream: As per requirement
- Take a pan and on medium heat fry onion and garlic in the oil until onion are pink or translucent
- Now add rice and lentil and mix for few seconds and add cumin, black pepper, turmeric, salt and mix.
- Add water and increase the flame of the gas to high until the water boils. Once water is boiled reduce the heat to medium preferable simmer for 30 minutes or till the lentils are cooked. Keep stirring in between.
- Once the lentils are cooked remove it from the flame, if you have hand blender you can blend the entire mixture now or if you using Mixer let it cool and come to room temperature and then blend it.
- Once you blend it will become smooth in consistency and if you find it bit thick you can add water.
- Now again heat it for 2 to 3 minutes before you serve.
- Garnish it with coriander leaf and food cream if you want.
Serve with sliced lemon and pita bread or without pita bread. While serving place Olive Oil and Arabic Spice Masala on the table, if anyone wants can drizzle and sprinkle respectively.
Serves: Five (5) Servings
- Chickpeas/Kabli Chana: 250 gm (soaked overnight in salt)
- Lemon: 60 ml1 Large or 2 Small
- Tahini: 1/4th cup (Tahini is a paste made from sesame seed)
- Garlic: 3 pods (fine chop or minced)
- Cumin Powder: ½ teaspoon
- Olive Oil: 30 ml for preparing while serving also we usually drizzle olive oil on top
- Salt: As per taste
- Water: 3 tablespoons
- Paprika: A pinch while serving
- Boil Chick Peas in a pan or if using pressure cooker boil them till you get 3 whistles
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tahini and lemon juice and process for 1 minute.
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice until well blended.
- Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute.
- Now add balance half of chickpeas and blend it well add salt as per requirement.
- To get a smooth paste add water and blend for 2 to 3 rounds
- Once done take it out in a bowl
Serving: Sprinkle paprika & drizzle of Olive Oil. It can be stored for 2 to 3 days.
- Banana: 1no’s
- Mint leaves (fresh): 3 to 4 springs
- Coca Powder: 2 teaspoon (can add as per your taste)
- Hazelnuts: 50 grams
- Dates (Khajoor): 3 No’s
- Almond Milk: 115ml (one can use plain cold milk also)
- Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil: 10grams
- Blend it well and serve it.
Enjoy the flavour and stay fresh.
(Watermelon: A Headache caused by Summer Heat is cured by consuming watermelon juice. Just one glass a day works)
Serves: Three (3)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Watermelon: 1 no’s
- Fresh Cream: 100 gms (whip it to make it a smooth spread)
- Honey: 2 teaspoons (Optional Sugar) (I used Raw Lychee honey)
- Other Ingredients: As per your taste or readily available in your kitchen
♦ Taste Enhancer:
- Vanilla essence mixed in cream
- Cinamon powder
♦ Preparation: (How I made it)
- Cut a watermelon from the centre, at least 2 to 3 inches thick
- Mix honey with fresh cream
- With spatula spread fresh cream on the watermelon
- For topping you add fruits as per availability
- Make as many layers as you want
- You can layer it with dry fruits or final topping of dry fruits
♦ Suggestion: Once you have prepared it, refrigerate it for 15 minutes and then serve.
Serve it as a dessert or pierce a stick in each piece and serve to kids as watermelon pizza candy.